Well, I finally got off my backside and slapped together the .NET 4.0 version of eComic. In addition to all the enhancements which 4.0 provides to WPF I also streamlined the opening of the archive files, and added a host of additional features.
The most important of these are:
- Rebuilt form in .NET 4
- Rebuilt Comic opening engine to improve speed and performance
- Removed manual zoom control
- Implemented programmatic PAN/ZOOM functionality on mouse events and ribbon buttons
- Added progress bar charting opening archive progress to status bar
- Modified page number/page name to allow selection of pages via that function
- Added icon to status bar to indicate type of file loaded
- Added ability to open a directory of images
- Added functionality to create simple CBZ file from an opened directory of images
- Added support for a 'full screen' mode
- Added additional buttons to RIBBON element for ease of access to the functions
- Allow for DragDrop of a file from Explorer to force open
I'm still in the process of building documentation for the thing though, which is something I dislike, but you know how it is.